Anime Expo® welcomes all members of the media who are involved in the anime, manga, and/or entertainment industry. Press members may be employed with a major media company, independent contractors, or professionals. After completing press registration through our online form, please allow at least 10 business days for your application to be processed. The deadline
to submit an online application is June 16, 2014.
For consideration for a Press Registration to the 2014 Anime Expo you must submit an Application for Press Registration by going to https://www2.cmrreg.com/anim_3a_press. Once you have submitted an application for “Press” registration will receive a confirmation of receipt of application via e-mail. If approved, you will then receive an “Approved Press” e-mail, confirming that you have been placed on the “Press” admission list. Please note that once you have obtained approval for “Press” admission, you will still be required to provide your official business card and valid ID when collecting your badge.
Prior press badge approval does not guarantee future approvals. Complimentary press badges are a privilege granted by the Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation (SPJA). SPJA reserves the right to deny Anime Expo press registration applications without explanation during the pre-registration and
on-site media registration process.
In order to be considered “Press” and to receive complimentary entrance to this year’s convention, individuals will need to fulfill the following requirements:
Active employment with a major media company that is recognized as a print publication (i.e. magazine, newspapers, etc.), radio, television/cable/affiliate station/program, newscast and/or online magazine.
- Applications with official company e-mails are preferred.
- Writers/Reporters from high school and university level publications are encouraged to apply as well. However, we kindly request a letter of intent signed by the applicant and editor-in-chief/advisor on official school letterhead. Please also note that we will not be able to provide Press Badges
for any advisors or chaperones. Chaperones are welcome to enjoy the convention by registering through the registration process for the general public. Please register any chaperones through the general public registration located in the South Hall Lobby.
Cosplay-related media outlets or outlets with a history of posting exclusively cosplay-related content must present a detailed proposal on the coverage they plan to do at Anime Expo. Taking photos of the cosplayers who attend the convention can be done quite readily without the need of a Press Badge; therefore we reserve the right to deny applications of that nature.
- Business card with stated company name, individual name and contact information, or a recent company pay-stub.
We apologize for the inconvenience but we cannot accept business cards without printed contact names due to the possibility of illegal replications.
Valid picture ID.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age by/on July 3, 2014.
- Those who have submitted an application for “Press” registration will receive a confirmation of receipt of application via e-mail. Upon approval, applicants will then receive an “Approved Press” e-mail in addition to being placed on the “Press” admission list. Please note that those who have obtained approval for “Press” admission will still be required to provide their official business card and valid ID at the onsite badge pick-up.
Individuals who choose to register at the convention will also be required to provide the items mentioned in points 2 and 3 above. Due to the fact that we will not have all of our resources available at the convention, please be aware that information that cannot be verified on the spot may result in the denial of the Press Badge.
- Please bring a valid form of picture identification (i.e. driver’s license) and your business card. If you don’t have a business card, please bring a recent paycheck stub.
- The deadline to submit an online application is June 16, 2014.
- Press registration does not include any guest passes. Please register your guests through the general public registration online or onsite in the South Hall Lobby.
You must submit your online application by June 16, 2014.